Hunters have their sights on wild game when preparing for hunting season. A few moments devoted to safety can help prevent an accident with utility equipment. Big Horn REA urges hunters to take precautions and be aware of potential electrical hazards while hunting.
- Before you begin a hunt, note the location of power lines and other electrical equipment. Dense trees can make them hard to see.
- Obey all signs that advise electrical hazards, especially when placing a tree stand.
- Never use power poles to support a tree stand.
- When setting up and taking down the stand, make sure you don't make contact with any overhead electrical equipment.
- Never shoot at power lines of electrical equipment.
- If you're using a portable generator on your trip, don't run it in a confined area.
Big Horn REA wishes you a safe and successful hunting season!