Energy Efficient Rebates
As part of our commitment to our members, Big Horn Rural Electric along with our power supplier, Tri-State Generation & Transmission, is proud to offer Energy Efficiency Credits! Essentially, Energy Efficiency Credits are a rebate for purchasing an Energy Star appliance.
The Energy Efficiency Rebates are available on :
- heat pumps
- electric water heaters
- Energy Star refrigerators and freezers
- Energy Star clothes washers and dryers
- Energy Star dishwashers
- central air conditioners.
In order to qualify, you must:
- be a member of Big Horn Rural Electric
- you must let us know of your purchase within 120 days
- the appliance must be installed in a location served by REA
- the appliance must be Energy Star or qualifying model
- and we will need a copy of the receipt.
You may find Energy Star qualified appliances at www.energystar.gov.
Once you have made your purchase, give us a call! It’s just that simple. We will gather some basic information, have you mail us a copy of your receipt and we will submit the rebate form to Tri-State. Tri-State will process the request and send Big Horn Rural Electric a check. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, BIG HORN WILL MATCH TRI-STATE'S AMOUNT,and in turn, send you, the member, a check.